Customizing Maximo may be challenging and fun but should always taken carefully because it can inject problems and generate additional costs and risks when upgrading.
One of the most interesting features of Maximo is its ecosystem of extensions, add-ons, integration modules and industry solutions. This ecosystem is populated by many IBM and non-IBM products and solutions that allows to extend the product's core features.
The following picture describes the IBM portfolio of Maximo extensions and industry solutions.
Before starting to implement your own solution to a common problem, take a look at this list of the available Maximo Industry Solutions and Extensions.
- Maximo Asset Management Scheduler allows planners to create a reliable work schedule and tools to seamlessly dispatch assignments to field technicians.
- Maximo Linear Asset Manager supports the management of linear assets such as roads, railways and pipelines.
- Maximo Spatial Asset Management dynamically visualize asset relationships with geographic information system (GIS) technology.
- Maximo Calibration provides all requirements for traceability and reverse traceability, all calibration history data, calibration data sheets and required reporting.
- Maximo Health, Safety and Environment Manager (HSE) helps to create a safe yet efficient operating environment.
- Asset Configuration Manager tracks the current and historical changes of the configuration of assets and their components.
- Maximo for Service Providers helps managing your customer’s assets either through third-party outsourcing or internally shared services model.
- Maximo Enterprise Adapter for SAP enables rapid integration of Maximo Asset Management with SAP R/3 or my SAP ERP apps.
- Maximo Enterprise Adapter for Oracle Applications
- Maximo Archiving with Optim Data Growth can archive and restore data through IBM Optim Data Growth Solution, a data growth management tool from IBM.
- Maximo Inventory Insights s a hybrid solution for your enterprise asset management system. It enables you to profile inventory, prioritize opportunities to streamline inventory and optimize reorder points – delivering more economical inventory management costs.
- Maximo for Transportation helps address stringent regulatory requirements and managing all transportation asset types, including fleets of cars, trucks, buses, locomotives and rail vehicles, aircraft and vessels.
- Maximo for Aviation MRO is designed to transform the managing of maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) activities for service providers working in the Aviation industry.
- Oil & Gas provides oil & gas companies with best practices to help improve the productivity and efficiency of their critical assets.
- Maximo for Utilities supports work and asset management for transmission and distribution in water, gas and electric utilities.
- Maximo for Nuclear Power Supports industry-specific requirements by modeling nuclear objects and business processes, including tech specs, lineups, clearances, permits, surveillance testing, and corrective actions.
- Maximo for Life Sciences Helps monitor, track and manage equipment, facilities, mobile and IT assets on a single platform and be fully FDA compliant. Consolidates solutions under one umbrella – asset and service management, calibration, mobile calibration, CAPA support – and integrates with RFID, SCADA systems, LIMS.
- Maximo Anywhere is the brand new mobile solution for Maximo built on IBM Mobile First platform..
- Maximo Mobile Suite is a family of solutions to provide remote access to the Maximo Asset Management processes for work, asset and inventory management.
- Maximo Everyplace provides the ability to use Maximo from supported mobile devices and smartphones using a web browser.
Free Integration Modules on ISM Library
- IBM FileNet P8 & IBM Maximo Integrated Solution allows to use FileNet's document management application to store, retrieve and version control IBM Maximo's document records.
- IBM Maximo for E-mail allows Maximo record information to be emailed to a user, and updated via the edited reply. There are 2 primary scenarios: 1) status changes, and 2) workflow approvals.
- Maximo extensions for Building Information Models provides support for importing BIM data into Maximo and for fully 3D display of BIM data in context with Maximo applications and processes.