A Maximo Location stores aggregated data of all events and costs performed within that Location. This includes the movement of assets into and out of the location, as well as the use of labor and materials charged to that location.
- Operating - Locations where assets operate. Assets are moved between Operating Locations. Assets are issued or returned between Storerooms and Operating Locations.
- Storeroom - Locations where inventory is maintained. Items are issued or returned to and from a Storeroom Location. Items are transferred between Storerooms.
- Vendor - Used to record that an asset is off-site with external vendor usually for repairing.
- Salvage - Used to record the end-of-life for an asset. They are usually created with the labels like "Scrapped", "Sold", "Destroyed", and "End-of-lease"
- Repair - Used to record that an asset is being repaired internally or at an on-site workshop by trade staff.
- Courier - Used to record that the asset is in transit to another location by using a courier company, where it will be received at its destination. The destination might be another storeroom or another vendor.
- Labor - Used to record that the asset is in transit to another location by using a labor (normally a staff member), where it will be received at its destination. The destination might be another storeroom or another vendor. Alternatively it might a location used to record all company issued items or tools under the care of that labor, and when the labor has finished with the asset, it can then be returned to the storeroom.
- Holding - Used as part of the rotating item receiving process as a temporary storeroom while the item gets either inspected and/or turned in an asset by using serialization. There can only be one per Maximo site, and while in this location it does not count towards a storeroom's balance nor does it incur any cost until the inspection/serialization process is complete.