This page has been published in 2015 and contains obsolete info.
After 2 years of blogging on MaximoDev and more than 100 posts to explain how to configure and customize Maximo I want to spend few minutes to explain how to NOT customize Maximo.
Customizing Maximo may be challenging and fun but should always taken carefully because it can inject problems and generate additional costs and risks when upgrading.
One of the most interesting features of Maximo is its ecosystem of extensions, add-ons, integration modules and industry solutions. This ecosystem is populated by many IBM and non-IBM products and solutions that allows to extend the product's core features.
The following picture describes the IBM portfolio of Maximo extensions and industry solutions.
Before starting to implement your own solution to a common problem, take a look at this list of the available Maximo Industry Solutions and Extensions.
- Maximo for Transportation helps address stringent regulatory requirements and managing all transportation asset types, including fleets of cars, trucks, buses, locomotives and rail vehicles, aircraft and vessels.
- Maximo for Aviation MRO is designed to transform the managing of maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) activities for service providers working in the Aviation industry.
- Oil & Gas
provides oil & gas companies with best practices to help
improve the productivity and efficiency of their critical assets.
- Maximo for Utilities supports work and asset management for transmission and distribution in water, gas and electric utilities.
- Maximo for Nuclear Power
Supports industry-specific requirements by modeling nuclear objects and
business processes, including tech specs, lineups, clearances, permits,
surveillance testing, and corrective actions.
- Maximo for Life Sciences Helps monitor, track and manage equipment, facilities, mobile and IT assets on a single platform and be fully FDA compliant.
Consolidates solutions under one umbrella – asset and service management, calibration, mobile calibration, CAPA support – and integrates with RFID, SCADA systems, LIMS.
- Maximo Anywhere is the brand new mobile solution for Maximo built on IBM Mobile First platform..
- Maximo Mobile Suite
is a family of solutions to provide remote access to the Maximo Asset
Management processes for work, asset and inventory management.
- Maximo Everyplace provides the ability to use Maximo from supported mobile devices and smartphones using a web browser.
Free Integration Modules on ISM Library
Labels: extensions, industry solutions, market