I think that one of the things that are missing in the Maximo documentation is a command line reference. That's why I decided to go through the Maximo directories and search for commands that can be run the system prompt.
The following list should be intended as a work in progress. Many commands are not documented at all and I was not able to find any useful resource over the internet. If you have any additional information please leave a comment to this post and I will update this page.
- adduser: Add a user (details)
- cleanldapsyncparams: force a full LDAP sync (details)
- cleanstartcenters: Force refresh of start centers (details)
- commonenv: Internal use. Used by other scripts to setup the command line environment.
- configdb: Run database configuration.
- conflictchecker: Used for upgrades to determine if there are any name conflicts between the 6.2.x and 7.x database content using meta doc files from the upgrade installation media.
- createnonenglishdb: Call maxinst with the maxdemo db. Then it import a set of localized files as base language. Eg : createnonenglishdb fr will create a French base language.
- createshellscript: ????
- DBBuildTest: ????
- deletelang: Removes language from language tables
- domainlinkchecker: Check values of attributes with a domain defined. Run it with no arguments to see how to use it.
- dropbackup: Remove backup created from configdb. Should be run twice. (details)
- encryptproperties: Encripts passwords in maximo.properties file (details)
- importlanghelper: Should not be used. It is called from importlang utility.
- integrityui: Launch the integrity checker UI. Must be run before upgrading to new versions.
- logtranslator: Utility to translate Maximo log files into English
- maxinst: Creates an empty or demo Maximo database (details)
- PIIVersionUpdater: ???
- pkginstall: This is used for the installation of .pkg files that IBM provides for certain updates.
- restorefrombackup: Restores tables backed up during the configdb process.
- showITICSysInfo: If you have ITIC tables filled in it should dump some info on ITIC
- TDToolkit: Adds or updates translations (details)
- textsearchscript: ???
- updatedb: Updates Maximo database after a fixpack or addon installations. Typically is executed automatically by the installer.
- updateRichText: Enables Rich Text for long descriptions (details)
- updateXML: ???
- upgrade: Upgrade utility to convert from the currently installed database release to the next release.
- upgradescreens: ???
- upgradeui: Tool to upgrade Maximo database (6->7.1, 7.1->7.5, etc.).
- validate_integ: Runs integrity checker and validation utilities.
- validate_validate: Similar to validate_integ with few more steps.
- varcharmultiplier: Used to extend varchar fields on the database to accommodate the translation process, particularly for double-byte languages (details).
- writereportprop: Export all language properties files for BIRT reports (details).
- xliff2tms: ???
- checkmxserver: Checks the connectivity to a Maximo server using RMI. It generates a report showing all of the Maximo and Java property values. Can be used to check if the server is running (details).
- exportapp: Should export an application definition. Don't know how it works.
- TestEmail: Utility to test the connectivity between the application server and mail server (details)
- SetAdminMode: Turns ON/OFF the admin mode (details). Same functionality as the one from UI, but quite useful if you cannot log in to UI because of max session limit with Admin Mode ON.
- Unlcvt: Gets information from Maximo database and generates an output file that can be used for creating another database. Can be used to transfer the current database to another type (eg. From Oracle to SQLServer or DB2).
- cleanupAdminWS: ???
- cleanupDB: ???
- cleanupPAE: ???
- cleanupWAS: ???
- cpappend: ???
- installValidation: Checks if all steps of installer are OK.
- LogZipper: Useful command to collect logs to be sent to IBM support (details).
- taskRunner: This is used when you defer the configuration step in the Maximo install (the screen of three options: Defer Configuration, Defer Database Update, and Deploy Application Files (or Ears can't remember wording) manually. You'd simply run taskRunner CONTINUE STOPONERROR and it would complete the installation.
- TestRXA: Tests RXA connection to specified host. RXA is used by the installation process to connect to remote systems and perform system commands (details).
Labels: beginner, documentation