How many times you have asked yourself: Should I upgrade?
Maximo Integration Framework has been improved a lot in the recent versions and fixpacks. Look at this list of features and you may find a good reason to upgrade.
- OSLC - Link and share data by using OSLC integration (Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration)
- EMail interaction - Enabling email updates for objects and workflow assignments
- REST API - Support for Object Structures and MBOs as REST Resources
- Text JMS messages - Support for messages in a TEXT format
- Publish Channel Eventing - Improved support for capturing events from a child object within an object structure
- Application-based Importing and Exporting - Provide importing and exporting capabilities directly from an application such as WO, PO, Asset etc.
- Support for Application Authorization - Inbound message processing using authorization from an application
- Web Services via the Application Server - Support for JAX-WS leveraging the application server’s container. Allows for support of WS policies such as WS-SECURITY, WS-ADDRESSING, etc.
- BIDI Support - Support for Bi-Directional content within integration messages
- Attachments - Support for including attachments on integration messages
- WorkFlow - Support for initiating/waking up a work flow process via integration
- Nulling Fields - Support for nulling out fields from files and/or interface tables
- View/Delete Queue - UI dialog to view/delete queue messages
- Web Service Interactions - Provide wizard-based UI to build interaction from Maximo to external web service
- Message Reprocessing - Data Import of large files offers ability to manage messages in error via a file
- Data Import - Enhanced features for Preview Mode functionality
- Action Class to support initiating an invocation channel - Pre-built Action class provided to support invocation channel execution
- Integration Query - Support of a SQL WHERE clause